Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Brown Baggin' It!!


Did I mention? I'm just a wink and a smile away from my local Goodwill, so I can't resist visiting as fuh-requently as possible...you know I love the thrill of the hunt! And did I ever bag a good find this week! Look at this!! Have you ever seen such an oh-so-ladylike handbag? In absolutely mint condition, no less! I must admit, I went over my budget at $12.99...but sometimes...it's just...so hard to leave something...so special...behind! Know what I mean, jellybean??



This beauty must have been lovingly and carefully boxed away over the years...the fabric is unstained, un-mildewy...in the most incredibly creamy, luscious shade of brown that changes tones depending on the light. Sadly, my camera couldn't really capture it's richness. Let's say it's "raspberry chocolate truffle"...get the idea? Yummy. The marcasites on the clasp are as sparkly as ever, and the coin purse is still held safely inside, attached by it's dainty golden chain. I suspect it probably included a mirror at one point, as lady bags usually do. Not surprisingly, the mirror was long gone, but when I got the bag home, I noticed that the previous owner had placed a shiny penny inside...a sure sign of good luck and prosperity, according to my lovely grandmother, who certainly was glamorous...and had her share of lady bags, as I recall.


Anyway, this chocolately Steffen creation will be going to lunch with me tomorrow! And together, we'll bring new meaning to *brown baggin' it*! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment