Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dotty Betty

It's that time of year again, darlings...time for the 6th Annual Belltown Pageant!! This will be my third try competing for the title of Belltown Betty...an honor in itself, made even more appealing with an astounding array of cash and prizes, including the coveted Belltown Betty hand-painted jacket!

Between you and me, kidz, I gave it my all last year...what an act! And lately I've been clueless how to top that act...running dangerously high on stress and low on inspiration. So, I told myself....just relax! Don't try too hard this year...the whole production is shamelessly fixed anyway...the judges are too easily swayed by alcoholic favors and over the course of the pageant become too drunk to think logically or get a correct count on the ballots. Just be happy you've taken home 2nd Place trophies the last 2 years...the whole thing is just one big drunk joke!

Still, how could I stop myself from making a statement...and a costume...and trying too hard?

I composed an appropriately delightful ditty and dance for the occasion, set to a jazzy little rendition of that old favorite, Blue Moon. And as for the evening's costume, I designed a sexy dress out of what was supposed to be a top (McCall's M6078)...



I couldn't resist this stretchy black polyester with stunning silver polka-dots! This design has a cowl neck with silver leather loops...how great does it look with my silver leather trench?? Heigh-ho!



Add a pair of black spike heels with silver linings. Now all that's needed is a fedora with a silver band! Wish me luck at this year's Pageant, darlings...keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed and VOTE FOR GAMS!

IN GAMS WE TRUST

No comments:

Post a Comment