Monday, June 22, 2009

It's Betty Buy Time!


Oh, the things I've been doing in my glamorous gown! I must apologize, my friends...I realize I never updated you on it's progress, and I'm sure you were simply sleepless wondering what became of it! Well, you'll be happy to know, it did make it to Hollywood, and, although it wasn't perfect, it passed muster and I wore it to the premiere party for A Wink and A Smile, held at the fabulously naughty boutique, Coco de Mer on Melrose in LA! It looked great and I admit, I received a compliment or two...isn't that fun? After all the trouble I had making it...some frustrating shit, lemme tell ya...it turned out to be a wonder of a dress! The material was virtually wrinkle-free and traveled beautifully, even folded sloppily in my suitcase. So I'm willing to forget our differences and move on...which brings me to this epistle...

That very glamorous gown was worn last night at the 4th Annual Belltown Pageant! I was lucky enough to be one of the competitors, matched against rivals like my pal EmpeROAR Fabulous! Yes, friends, it was a haven of hilarity at the historic Rendezvous JewelBox Theatre in Belltown (that's Belltown in Seattle, folks, in case you didn't guess.) Anyway, what a bunch'a nuts! Mayhem ensued. Partying in the green room got out of control! Meanwhile, I *brewed up* my version of that old Sammy Davis Jr. favorite, *I Gotta Be Me*...my version, of course, is *I Gotta Drink Tea*...and I brewed the perfect cup of tea in hand while performing! It was a crowd pleaser, for sure, but I didn't win...I know, I know...However! I did get second place, and took home a snazzy silver beauty queen trophy, cash and prizes...I couldn't be happier! So, somebody resurrect Bert Parks, because...here she is...Miss Betty Buy Time!


No comments:

Post a Comment