Sunday, December 30, 2012

Goldie Gown

My fanatical thrift-shopping friend, Babe of Belltown, is forever gifting me with fabulous finds from his fashion forays! He's given me some great stuff over the years....like my silver leather trench coat, for instance...he knows The Gams goes for The Glitz! So, true to form, Babe recently presented me with the most golden Golden Gown I've ever gawked at...incredibly, a vintage Jessica McClintock Gunne Sax creation! I've named her Goldie...because she practically insisted!

Photos don't do her justice...she's really got to be seen to be believed! I like to think of her as sort of a mullet of a gown...respectable, simple lines up front...party in the back!!

So here's the front...she's strapless, floor length and, miraculously, just the right length as well!


Just look at the fabulous sequining!


Ok, now take a peek at the back!


Not only is there this fabulous bow closure that hides the zipper...


...but a fuckin' bustle!  I've lifted her skirt here so you can see the amount of tulle going on underneath!


And, of course...the label!


It says 5-6 but she's kidding...she's more of a 1-2...which is probably why she was orphaned in the first place. I can barely squeeze into her, and I usually swim in a 5-6...vintage sizing can be confusing. In any case, Goldie and I will be sharing the stage tonight during my vocal performance at ROCK-A-RAISE! 

Thanks, Babe! Mwwwahhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment