Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Real Housewives

Darlings, I'm sorry to have neglected you...I've been elbow-deep in a sewing project this week, making a costume for this Friday night's Academy of Burlesque Alumni Spectacular : The Real Housewives of Burlesque!


This show is especially exciting, since I'll be sharing a stage with that absolutely fabulous boylesque sensation, Waxie Moon...as well as one of my favorite hosts, Elsa Von Schmaltz (Ernie's twin sister!)...and, of course, a bevy of burlesque beauties! Truth be told, I'm not sure how many of us are actually 'Real' housewives. I used to be one...not so much anymore, but those days of kiddie-coddling, floor-scrubbing and dinner-making still linger fondly in my memory......

So what else would I costume myself in but every housewife's favorite fashion...an apron? Not just any apron, mind you...but a sparkling pink satin one...inspired by a cake, of all things!


The pattern is a cute trompe-l'oeil design that appears to be a dress with an apron tied over it...perfect! I just happened to have a remnant of 'Schiapparelli Pink' satin charmeuse on hand, which I teamed up with pale pink satin and some glittery candy pink netting.


How could I resist these sparkly pale pink glass buttons??


I've gotta tell you, this project was pretty freakin' complicated for something seemingly as simple as an apron, but I hung in there...and the results are worth it! Here she is...fit for a princess!


She's much too pretty to do any Real housework...but then again, so am I!

Oh, and did I mention that I won't be wearing a stitch under this except possibly a teeny-tiny g-string in Shocking Pink? Back in the day, wearing this type of thing around the house might have saved me a marriage or two! Wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment