Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fast Fashion

Last night's Seattle Erotic Art Festival was one helluva swanky, spanky party...I've never seen so many corsets in one room...and this glamorous gal was sportin' one of 'em! Matter of fact, I'm terriblehhh proud of the costume I threw together at the last minute with only pennies to spare!

Fortunately, I just happened to have some beautiful fabric laying around...sheer black georgette with a shimmering velvety red rose print...


...which I turned into a long split skirt. I cut a couple extra scraps of it and covered the cups of my black strapless bra...just a few hand stitches around the edge so I can undo it later.


I took another scrap and wrapped it around a little plastic hat form to make a tiny pillbox with a big red feather!


Next, my trusty black satin corset that I got at least ten years ago...one of those wardrobe investments that just keeps paying off! Black fishnets...long black gloves...my favorite boots...a vintage black velvet capelet...sparkly red earrings...red lipstick...a glass of white wine....et voilĂ !


Gamalamadingdong!

No comments:

Post a Comment