Saturday, February 19, 2011

Calender Girls









These wonderful illustrations by Eulalie are from a book I've had since I was a small child, called The Bumper Book. The bright colors and charming details always made it a favorite of my own kids, too...but in my opinion, this verse, written by Frances Heilprin, seems to involve wa-a-a-a-a-a-ay  too much work...I wish every day was Sunday, even if it does require church-going!

So, I've taken it upon myself to Gamify (or is it Gamorize?) the poem, making it much more appropriate for my own everyday use! Here goes...

Monday: champagne bubbles fly
Tuesday: gimlets, extra dry
Wednesday: Manhattans and martinis
Thursday: sparkling peach Bellinis
Friday: good for Tequila Sunrise
Saturday: made for tall MaiTais
Sunday:  time for a Bloody Mary
After church we sip our sherry.


No comments:

Post a Comment