Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran with a Vision

A salute to our Veterans today...one in particular, by the name of Frederick Mellinger, who worked as a tailor in the Army Signal Corps during WWII. His buddies (and their pin-up calendar girls) inspired him to create sexy apparel...like black lace bras...that they could send to their girlfriends back home...so upon his discharge...voila!

Frederick's of Hollywood was born!

That was 1946...by 1964 the company was going strong...because goodness knows, by that time every gal wanted "that 'marry-a-millionaire' look"! In fact, I still do!...especially at these prices.

My favorites here are ALWAYS POPULAR and HOLIDAY ROMANCE!


I've always wanted a li'l somethin' called BUCKLE BAIT...but I'd settle for DOTS WITH DASH!


I don't know what the names of these playsuits are, but who cares? I'll take one of each!


That racy red SHIFTY SIREN might do...and her 'do might do, too!


Just the name MANTRAP is enough to make me want it...and VOGUISH VANITY is sexy, too...but sorry, Frederick, my fine fellow...I'd never buy any frickin' frock called FACT FINDER!


Oh, if only the three in the bottom row were destined to be Dramatically Mine...especially that green ensemble!


Now for the shoes...I'll take TOWN GOSSIP, STAR STRUCK and, of course, JUNGLE KING!

And here's a silly question...why 5 inch heels? Because Mr. Frederick said so, that's why!

..fotos found here..

No comments:

Post a Comment