Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Hijinx 2010

I hope all of you had a fun, safe, and reasonably sane Halloween weekend! My party of choice was chosen mostly because I was invited to perform, and when I heard the "p" word, it immediately negated any and all other plans for the evening!

Then, when I found out that Ernie Von Schmaltz...the man, the myth, the moustache...was also going to be featured, I was inspired to write a little song...or I should say, re-write a little song ~ My Heart Belongs to Ernie ~ using Ella Fitzgerald's My Heart Belongs to Daddy...I must say, it turned out pretty darn cute and I think Ernie appreciated it, too...I love surprising friends!



If you've seen the best documentary on earth...A Wink and A Smile...you might remember Ernie's performance as a hip-thrusting, martini-shaking, medallion-swinging ladies' man. If you missed it, here is the Classic Ernie!



No matter where he plays or who he plays to, Ernie captures the audience's hearts as he did mine...hence my moving tribute! And since you asked...yes! I am going to be making a cute and cuddly home video to go with my song...I'll be sharing that with you soon!

Aaanyway
, as for the rest of the evening, Shaggy and Gammy-Do started things off right by passing around everybody's favorite party treat...Scooby Snax! As you can see, we'd already munched a few on the way over in the Mystery Machine......


Another cookie distributor that evening was my fabulous hairstylist, Lisa, who was enjoying recreating her younger years as a dedicated Girl Scout from Troop 420.......


Then there was this guy...who did he think he was gonna fool with the old "I'm a dandelion, make a wish and blow me" routine??


Not me, that's for sure! I wasn't falling for it one minute...so, you shoulda seen him...he got all puffed up and blew off in a huff!


And since an occasion like Halloween calls for at least one costume change...halfway through the evening I quick-changed into my favorite flapper dress with a big orange boa...


...and Lulu Ukulele! Aren't I kooky-spooky in orange and black?

No comments:

Post a Comment