Monday, October 12, 2009

Masquerade!


It's that time of year again...when colleagues, friends, neighbors, and often complete strangers ask that redundant, yet all-important question: "WhatteryagonnabeeferHalloweeeen?" Well, since you asked, I'll give my pat answer: "Idunno." Yet.

However, I did happen to take a recent excursion to one of my favorite emporiums, Display and Costume Supply, to see what kind of goodies are arriving daily in anticipation of their busiest time of year!

I was thrilled to see they'd begun restocking their boa supply. During the summer months I couldn't find a decent ostrich boa if my life depended on it! They must not have realized that glamorous gals like myself often require boas on a mere moment's notice! Sheesh.

While I was there, I picked up, as usual, a couple pairs of white nylon elbow-length gloves. Intended as bridal accessories, I've found that these dye so beautifully with plain ol' RIT that I've been grabbing up as many as I can in order to acquire my own collection of glamorous long gloves in every shade of the rainbow!

The pieces de resistance of the trip were these two gorgeous masks I found in the ever-expanding mask and wig section (be still my beating heart!!!) They were only $4.99 each, and yes, they are indeed made out of cheap plastic with an equally chintzy elastic band...but...I mean...look at 'em! Aren't they just outrageously awesome...and just a little bit creepy? They look innocent enough posed here with feathers and pre-Katrina Mardi Gras beads, but...look what happens when I model them! They really come to life, don't they??


No comments:

Post a Comment