Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dear Jonne...


This brooch-and-earring parure, a glorious jumble of multi-colored beads, rhinestones, and filigree, were a hand-me-down from my dear departed ex-mother-in-law, June. She was a bona fide wacky chick who loved to dress up, drink up, smoke up, party down, and generally have as much fun as possible...no wonder I miss her!



As "the daughter she never had", she bestowed upon me an assortment of beautiful rhinestone pieces along with boxes of other amusing odds and ends...including this amazing, eclectic set. I don't believe I ever saw her wear this particular ensemble, but I'll say it's circa 1950...the brooch is unmarked, but the earring backs are stamped Jonne.



I was prompted to do a little research, since I'd never heard of Jonne before, and was oh! so pleasantly surprised to find some of the most delightful vintage bijoux that I've ever had the pleasure of discovering! So do yourselves a favor, loved ones, and pay this link a visit! Love, Gams
http://www.morninggloryantiques.com/collectJonne.html

No comments:

Post a Comment