Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dead Time

I hope all my darlings had a wonderfully spooky Halloween!
I didn't do much on the 31st, but I did have fun hosting a Dia de los Muertos celebration the following night.

Not sure what to wear on such an occasion, I threw together a little red-and-black lingerie with a pompom'd tutu to make a dress of sorts...then I added black stockings, boots and, of course, my beloved Belltown Betty jean jacket with its pink skull design!


But the pièce de résistance was my floral headpiece!


This was sooooo easy, I made it in well under an hour...not counting the part where I had to drive to two different craft stores to find the kind of silk roses I was searching for.

I picked three of 'em...two red and one pink...then, with the help of my reliable ol' pal, Glu Gunn, I arranged them into a little bouquet. I added a leaf or two, then made a backing by covering a small circular piece of buckram with a scrap of fuzzy black fabric I had laying around. This hid all the messy bits of glue and stuff...then I attached an elastic band to keep it in place among my golden curls...


It can be worn two ways, with either the two red roses or the pink one in front. Flirty and fabulous!!


No comments:

Post a Comment