Saturday, April 10, 2010

Oso's New Jacket

What's a gal to do when she has five dollars burning a hole in her pocket and can't find a darn thing to buy at the thrift store?? She shops for her friends, that's what! So imagine my excitement when, while wandering through the kiddie aisle, I came across this fancy Edwardian-style black coat jacket, complete with pocket watch...the diminuitive size and classic styling simply made-to-order for my pal Oso! He's quite the dandy, you know...and he certainly appreciates fine quality details like mother-of-pearl buttons, silver trim and...oooh! velvet collar and cuffs!


You should have seen his face light up when he tried it on! As I was hoping, it fit perfectly and suited him to a tee! And that's why I love shopping for friends, because Oso couldn't be happier! Of course, now he refuses to take it off, but as you know, you just can't argue with bears, especially when it comes to fashion.


Confidentially, this snappy suitcoat was found without a price tag, but I simply had to have it, so I took it to the nice checkout lady and suggested a price of 99 cents...and she went for it! Yay! So...now I have four dollars burning a hole in my pocket. Hmmm...I wonder what color tag is 50% off today at Value Village?

1 comment: