Monday, March 15, 2010

Gammy Doo!


Zoiks!! I've been busier than Bea Arthur's muumuu lately creating gowns and costumes for exciting happenings in the mad month of March! I started out Saturday night at photographer Jackie Kingsbury's Cartoon-A-Palooza birthday party...an occasion which called for a cartoon themed costume, like an adorable Gammy Doo gown!

I used my favorite one-shoulder dress pattern and a couple yards of camel-colored fleece, then wired up a tail to attach to the back, sewed on a few black fleece spots and...since the dress is off-shoulder, I fashioned a glove-like sleeve to cover my bare arm. I gotta tell ya, gang...the fleece was wonderful to work with, and since it's kinda stretchy I was able to dispense with a zipper, preserving not only my precious time, but my precious sanity, as well!


Then I made my own G G version of Scooby Doo's collar...simple craft foam and a glue gun did the trick! I stuck on a pair of ears from the party store, a pair of fleshtone tights and some cheapo UGGs knock-offs...a few dozen Scooby Snacks and a mixed drink...look out! I'm ready for action in the Mystery Machine!



So what's next? It's another glamorous gown for the Gams, to be featured in the Academy of Burlesque Alumni Show in a couple weeks! I'll tell you all about it next time...until then, kidz...XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment