Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pick a Pair o' Pasties

During the creation of my very first burlesque costume, I enlisted the help of Miss Indigo Blue to make my pasties ~ feathery green puffs to match the trim on my pink-and-green-bird-lady costume. I wasn't sure how to go about it and figured she could do a much better job than I. Tragically, one was misplaced in all the post-performance excitement! What to do?? Well, since I still had a bit of green boa trim, I set about with my trusty glue-gun to create a duplicate...and here's the result...hopefully you can't tell which is which!


Anyway, since then, I've had occasion to make a few other pairs for various acts and found they can actually be a fun afternoon project...a little something to bring to your next stitch-n-bitch! This pair is one of my favorites...I created these to go along with my Dirty Dolly act...


Some others I've made boast sequins, pleather and rhinestones, even a pair with moss and fake spiders for a Halloween-themed act! I searched around and found some other great creative ideas like these:




Or how about chocolate peanut butter pasties? Somebody was really thinkin' here...but I imagine they would get kinda melty after wearing 'em awhile...hmmm...


Recently, while trying out some new ideas, I put together this perky pink leopard & marabou one as a prototype...


Glamour Puss thought was so cute, she decided to wear it as a fashionable hat! We dressed up in more pink feathers, opened a bottle o' BITCH Bubbly and made a little video for you!



You can find some e-z instructions on how to make your own fabulous pasties here! Have fun, kittens! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment