Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Loungin' Around...


My friends, I just know you were wondering, "Where, oh where, has our little Gams gone?" Well, just so you know, I have not been loungin' around the pool poppin' bon-bons all day......ok, just part of the day! The rest of the time I've been busy as a bee-yotch getting some decorating done around the ol' homestead...do you like what I've done so far??

And of course, I've been pounding the pavement in my patent leather pumps, trying to get gigs wherever, whenever...birthday parties, wedding receptions, bachelor parties, bar mitzvahs, church bake sales...whatever pays the bills. So, a couple weekends ago, I was lucky enough to be invited to perform at a going-away party for my pal, Sven Henry. A crazy little jet-setter, that Sven Henry, darting back and forth regularly from Seattle to the Big Apple...I think he gets to have a lot of going-away parties that way.

Anyway, this particular soiree' took place in the Green Room at Seattle's historic Showbox Theatre...it was a cozy little space...in fact, back in the 40's, it was a music store called Kern's that often hosted live performances by stars visiting town, like Nat King Cole, Sarah Vaughan and Frank Sinatra. Sixty years later, your pal Gams had the pleasure of sharing the stage with Lady Krishna's Peppermint Lounge and special guests, the enchanting Stella Rose...the fuh-lex-ible Cassidy who had the most remarkable gams (for a b-o-y!)...and the irrepressible Jackie Hell!

I'm sure you can guess how much I l-o-v-e-d the stage set done by Lady Krishna...lingerie hanging on the line and kitsch galore...I hear her entire house is like that...it's a lifestyle, I tell ya. Sven Henry requested that I sing my sickly version of Fever, and I never turn down a request, so I can only hope nobody caught anything from me! These wonderful pics were taken by photographer Kevin Kauer.





No comments:

Post a Comment