Friday, September 25, 2009

Gamsterdam Part II

Het spijt me...(that's "I'm sorry" in Dutch) but I must confess that your Gams didn't make the cut (sob!) for the Amsterdam Burlesque Fest...but...het geeft niet...(that's "it doesn't matter" in Dutch) because I'm just as pleased as punch to discover that, among all the international performers that were chosen, the only performers from the good ol' US of A are all from good ol' Seattle! Not only that, but several have also been featured in my favorite documentary, A Wink and A Smile! Here are the chosen few...

Armitage Shanks ~ from Circus Contraption, who contributed to the soundtrack of Wink ~

Fuchsia Foxxx ~ The Hot Pink Bellydance Machine ~ an absolute vision in pink and featured in previous posts ~

Inga Ingenue ~ The Little Blonde Bomb ~ also featured in my Princess Pink Dress post as well as in Wink, doing her famous, balloon-popping poodle act ~

Sydni Deveraux ~ known as Miss Yum Yum Give Me Some and/or The Golden Glamazon

Tamara The Trapeze Lady ~ Seattle's premiere burlesque trapeze artist...also a featured performer in Wink ~

So! I guess we can safely call Seattle the burlesque capital of Amerika (that's "America" in Dutch)





2 comments: