Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lulu Ukulele


Runnin' wild, lost control!
Runnin' wild, mighty bold!
Feelin' gay, reckless too,
Carefree mind all the time, never blue...
Always goin', don't know where,
Always showin' I don't care!
Don't love nobody, it's not worthwhile
All alone, runnin' wild!


Pop quiz! What's the instrument of choice for all musically-inclined, glamorous gals like me and Marilyn (or in this case "Sugar" Kane Kowalczyk)??

But of course, darlings...it's got to be the ukulele!

My uke-pluckin' pal Dagmar suggested I add one to my act...and how could I refuse when she introduced me to this eye-poppin' orange Mahalo ukulele that I've since named Lulu. Ain't she sweet?


We're still getting to know each other, of course...but I'm finding she's not too terribly difficult to understand, she doesn't mind my wandering hands...and by happy coincidence, her juicy shade of mango perfectly matches one of my favorite pairs of pumps!


If the most glamorous female form of all time can play the uke in heels, then so can I...or my name isn't Gams Galore!


(Runnin' Wild by A.H. Gibbs, Joe Grey & Leo Wood)

No comments:

Post a Comment