Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Shanghai Lil & The Shanghai Pearl


Yay! It's Tuesday again and, as usual, your pal Gams has a ve-e-e-ery special video to share!

I'm sure I've mentioned The Shanghai Pearl before...that Tantalizing Temptress from Taipei and Princess of Pulchritude? Well, she was the inspiration for my rewrite of "Shanghai Lil" from "Footlight Parade". I've watched this fine film several times and have always loved the Shanghai Lil song-and-dance scene with Jimmy Cagney and Ruby Keeler. Sadly, I couldn't find the original on youtube but I think I've found something even better...this beautifully parodied version, performed by an array of stars from British telly. I swear, they haven't missed a trick..stay until l'danse Apache at the end ~ it's worth it! Bloody hilarious!



Anyway, my darlings, now I wish you'd take another minute to watch Gams TV and enjoy my tribute to the fabulous Shanghai Pearl! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment