Monday, February 9, 2015

Happy Birthday, Gay Dawn!


Today is a very special day!

I don't even have time to apologize for not blogging in the past few months, because right now I'm much too excited to relate how the power of the internet brought a happy ending to a small mystery I've been trying to solve! I'm referring to this blog post of 3 years ago, when I was searching for more to the story on "Everybody's Girl".. Miss Gay Dawn!



Here's the exciting part! Just last night I received an email from an acquaintance who reported that Gay Dawn's daughter, Gayleen Hays, had seen that blog post...then, wonder of wonders, this morning I received a lovely email from Gayleen herself! To me, this is like hearing from a celebrity!

 
THANK YOU!!!!!
Last night I was feeling so lonely without her and then I found your blog!! It was a wonderful gift, almost as though you two were sending me smiles. I toasted to you and Mommy, remembering the days when I sat next to the piano player and watched her as she bumped and shimmied out of her clothes, so beautiful, I was seven. She was funny, wise, childlike, complicated, full of secrets and sweet. You two are a perfect match. Big hugs, You made her birthday unforgettable!!!
 
 
If this wasn't thrilling enough, I was also provided with an update on family and grandchildren, one of whom is Serina Dawn of the Serina Dawn Band.  I was also intrigued to find out that Gayleen authored a book, published in 1992, entitled 'Policewoman One' .. a tell-all about her 20 years on the LAPD! Now how could I have missed that?? and guess who will be visiting Amazon today for a book purchase??

Many, many thanks to Gayleen Hays for reaching out to me! I couldn't be more thrilled that my little post finally found its way home...and a HAPPY, HAPPY birthday to 'Everybody's Girl'.. GAY DAWN! xoxo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment