Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Connie's Costumes

Lately, as I've been trying to keep up with my vintage lifestyle/beauty commitment, I've been paying more attention to my coiffure. Ever since I loved Lucy rockin' the Italian Cut in the Black Wig episode I've completely fallen for it! Originally themed on Gina Lollabrigida's chic look, the Italian Cut looked great on many a mid-century maiden, including Liz Taylor and...my idol of the moment...Connie Francis!


Ok, I'm no Connie Francis and I realize I can never hope to be that gorgeous until my next lifetime...in any case, check out my redo of the 'do...



Speaking of Connie...these paper dolls were definitely worth re-blogging from HOUSE OF RETRO! And right in tune with my current mid-century madness! I would thu-rillll to wear anything of these outfits, especially the ones I've mentioned in the captions...

Hi, I'm Connie...let's play dress up!

I'll take that quilted pink robe, yellow headscarf, LBD and fur jacket...

Kimono robe, red ensemble with headscarf! Pink dress and short black evening jacket...

Collared grey dress, red dress, pink ensemble and that yummy, rose-festooned party dress...

Purple unmentionables...black dress and bag, red coat...

Blue dress! Yellow dress! Red and white dress with hat! Polka dot midriff! Black gown with fur and a tiara...

Black jacket with pink skirt, red shorts with floral top, yellow ensemble with pearls!

No comments:

Post a Comment