Thursday, March 13, 2014

Drag Race!

Darlings, in case you're not keeping up with the new season of RuPAUL'S DRAG RACE...never mind...of course you are! Ok...well, if you don't already have a favorite competitor, I'd like to suggest rooting for Seattle's very own, terminally delightful BenDeLaCreme!



DeLa has always been one of my favorite performers in town and I'm just one of many who are beside themselves with excitement to see her on real live TV! They are absolutely packing the house at Seattle's Crystal Ballroom every Monday night for screenings! As for me, I round up my girls and we sit in front of the TV at home with beer and a bag of jalapeno popcorn. Trashy!

My other favorite so far is Courtney Act..although I think if you are working on going international, you should not choose a name with it's 'twist' based on a specific dialect...buuuut...other than that, I like her attitude and style...more feminine than campy with that "Cali-girl Barbie" look I've always admired...when it's done right, that is...(think Cheryl Tiegs!)

Speaking of being bitchy...half the fun is getting into the act, but I refuse to say who I like the least...there's enough bitchy-bitching going on already. I applaud every one of those girls for their fierceness, ferocity and finesse! As a bit of a 'female drag queen' myself, I understand the kind of work it takes to put together costumes and be 'in face' looking fabulous night after night!! And I don't even give it half the effort these kids do...so that's saying something. You are fabulous, ladies! Mwaahhh!

xo GAMS